With over 150 employees in different teams, Hydro-X was struggling with time-consuming email signature updates and inconsistent branding. But were they also missing out on a much bigger marketing opportunity? Here’s how Rocketseed helped Hydro-X…
The Client: Hydro-X
Hydro-X is the largest independent company within the water, air and training compliance industry with customers and employees across the UK. With teams in different specialist divisions and over 35 years of experience, the company takes a proactive approach to compliance focused on reducing risk for their customers, giving them assurance and peace of mind.
Hydro-X faced some common email signature problems, namely:
- Updating individual employee signatures was challenging and time-consuming.
- Not all employee signatures were on-brand resulting in inconsistency across the company.
- Different signatures were needed by the company’s various service teams.
It was also clear that, whilst having clear marketing plans, Hydro-X were missing out on the opportunity to use their everyday email signatures as an effective channel to help realise them.
From the outset, Hydro-X saw that Rocketseed Signature had the specific features and functionality to solve these problems:
- By syncing with Hydro-X’s Active Directory, Rocketseed immediately saved the company valuable time. Straight away, all employees’ signature data – from job titles to contact details – could be updated automatically, ensuring all signature details were current and correct.
- With Rocketseed, Hydro-X have centralised control over employee signatures company-wide making professional, consistent branding simple and ensuring individual employee signatures are tamper-proof.
- Central control also gave the company the flexibility to create and apply different signatures for the company’s different divisions. This enabled each team’s emails to feature the most relevant accreditations for their particular industry sector and social media links for their customer base.
The Marketing Opportunity
With their new centralised control and brand consistency, Hydro-X soon realised that Rocketseed’s marketing functionality could open up a great opportunity. To meet their marketing objectives, they upgraded to Rocketseed Campaign to have full email signature banner campaign segmentation, targeting and scheduling as well as advanced analytics and reporting features at their fingertips.
Now Hydro-X were able to:
- Segment by sender and receiver so that the most relevant banners were applied to different teams’ emails and reached the right audiences.
- Run multiple email banner campaigns on rotation, so that their audiences saw a range of marketing messages over the course of communications, especially campaigns to cross-sell the company’s services.
- Use their interactive banners to encourage recipients to click through to content ranging from the latest specialist compliance reports, industry news bulletins and client case studies through to the company’s Christmas opening times and charity appeal.
- Give a higher profile to their own blog and key social media channels using email banners with clear call-to-action to drive click-through.
- Measure every recipient click and see overall campaign engagement levels. By using these analytics insights, the company’s marketers were able to fine-tune and target future banner campaigns, seeing Rocketseed’s reporting as an invaluable marketing resource.
- Use their email banners to run one-click surveys and get immediate customer feedback on the company’s products and services.
Speed was crucial, with Rocketseed enabling the company to immediately create and apply campaign banners featuring their new products. This has proved especially essential during the global pandemic with Hydro-X’s email banners being key to making customers aware that the company had a large stock of Covid testing kits available.
Hydro-X now run more than 10 banner campaigns in rotation at any one time. Not only does this deliver excellent reach, it has also proved highly successful in reinforcing individual campaign messages. Of all their campaigns, the highest engagement has been achieved by the banner below with its clear ‘Download a free sample’ call to action button.
Also notably, the Covid testing banner was seen by 2,600 unique recipients in the 2 months that it was ‘live’.
“We worked with Rocketseed to implement an effective and on-brand email signature. The process was very straightforward and we have regular support from our Account Manager whenever we need it.
Not only do our new on-brand email signatures encourage connections on social media and showcase our accreditations, we also love Rocketsetseed’s ability to react to our changing marketing needs. The banner campaign feature is great for showing customers all the solutions we offer and promoting our new products. This has been especially important recently as we were able to promote Covid testing kits as soon as they were available”.
Yvette Ireland | Marketing Manager
To find out how Parrot Digital can meet your specific email signature marketing requirements, get in touch with us today.