There are only a handful of email signature software partners that can provide both high-quality software and local support here in Australia and New Zealand. But, even so, there are a few options and we know it can be hard to figure out who has the right features for your needs, and those of your clients.
So what should you look for in an email signature partner? How do you compare alternatives?
In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you’ll need to think about when choosing, and talk about how Parrot Digital ticks all the boxes.
Partner with Parrot Digital: At a Glance
Why offer email signatures as a service for clients?
As an IT managed services provider, you could be offering your clients email signature software support in addition to your other services. But why would you bother?
Well, companies are increasingly cottoning on to the power of email signatures and banners as a low-cost marketing tool, in addition to their importance in maintaining good brand reputation. One staff member could send hundreds of emails a month, now multiply that by the number of staff members. Each email represents the company, building or diminishing trust, and it’s also real estate for important marketing messages.
Therefore, every email is a very real business opportunity for your clients.
So where do you come in?
Most businesses cannot maintain and control this themselves. That’s why they need you. As a part of your services, you could offer email signature software and support for them. That would include helping set your clients up with professional graphics, ensuring it all functions properly, providing training, and guiding them on how to get the most out of the investment.
Of course, this could be a lot of work – especially for larger clients. Which is where we come in.
You’ll need an email signature partner who can handle this work for you, supporting your team to offer the best service possible to your clients without adding to your workload. We offer exactly that. Read on and we’ll explain how.
7 common email signature challenges that we can help you solve
1. Every staff member creating their own individual signature
All of the emails your clients’ people send reflects their wider business – its tone, its brand, its standards. So, it’s essential that every email is up to scratch.
It might seem easy to let staff make their own signatures and banners, but the reality is they don’t all have the skills necessary to ensure that theirs are on-brand and actually work properly when loaded by the recipient. Having your team check every single one is also very time consuming.
- The solution: You need a centralised email signature and banner management solution. We can provide software that allows you to update people’s signatures across the business with just one click. Or, segment by role, department and location to gain more custom control.
2. Staying on-brand with HTML design
Say your client’s marketing team has designed the perfect email signature layout, or the perfect banner. Could it be replicated in HTML and still remain on-brand? HTML has limitations which require a certain level of technical expertise to overcome. Like we mentioned above, doing this on a case-by-case basis for all staff is going to be pretty time-consuming.
- The solution: We have loads of pre-made template options ready to customise, and an in-house graphics team on standby that can help your clients get their branding perfect. Plus, our software choice of Rocketseed makes it easy to customise HTML graphics even for more inexperienced users.
3. Constant updates from marketing
A business could have several marketing campaigns in a month – and certainly in a quarter. Each of these may require that your clients’ email banners be updated to suit the new campaign goals. Are you willing to go through the process of manually changing each person’s banner every time, multiple times a month?
- The solution: We’re back to the centralised dashboard again. When you can change everybody’s signature banner with just a click, it’s easy to upload a new design and assign it to everyone across the business. Your clients won’t need to rely on staff uploading banners each time a new marketing campaign is released.
4. Sending irrelevant marketing materials to the wrong audiences
Maybe once it was considered OK to blast out email marketing banners to anyone and everyone, in the hopes that they’ll be relevant to at least a few recipients. But these days people expect better. If you can’t segment your email recipients, you can’t personalise the marketing materials they receive – that’s a lot of wasted email space, and an unnecessary distraction for those wrong audiences.
- The solution: You must be able to segment. We can help your clients customise which email banners display to which email recipients through dynamic audience segmentation, which you can then adjust en masse for each of your clients’ own needs.
5. Images appearing as an attachment
When you copy and paste an image into an email signature or add it as an attachment, a few things might go wrong. Because this image won’t be dynamic, it may format incorrectly. Or, it may not appear at all – instead being replaced with a red X. Thirdly, the lack of optimisation could increase the load speed of the email leading to poor user friendliness for the recipient. All that marketing effort? Wasted.
- The solution: Partnering with Parrot Digital gives you access to Rocketseed software, which can build all the text, links and images you need within an HTML-friendly environment. When these signatures and banners are applied to your clients’ emails, they will automatically format correctly based on the recipient’s email client or device.
6. Stacking email signatures at the bottom of chained emails can add to archiving costs
You’ve probably all seen it once or twice – an email chain that’s started to balloon in terms of response numbers, and each time someone responds to the chain it adds to their archiving costs, particularly relevant to larger companies.
- The solution: We’ll set you up so that your clients never have this problem. Through Rocketseed, email signature images are stripped from all but the latest email.
7. No analytics data
Can you measure ROI on a campaign if you have no real data? With no data coming back your clients will never know if their campaigns were a success or not (and therefore if their investment should continue or not). As a service provider, it’s in your best interests to be able to help show your clients their return.
- The solution: We can help your clients gather data on every branded email they send. There is no setup required as Rocketseed software has built-in comprehensive reporting analytics. Your clients can also add a Google Analytics code with just one click.
CHECKLIST: How to choose an email signature software partner
There are only a handful of best-in-market email signature software companies around the world, and even fewer delivering service locally here in Australia and New Zealand. We reckon we tick all the boxes, but if you want to compare us to competitors – these are the things to look for.
|Full studio service||
|Full training provided||✓|
|Local IT support||✓|
|Extra guidance where required||✓|
Full studio service
Graphics, typography, GIFs – stay on brand without sacrificing page load speeds. Our full studio can help your clients design the perfect email signatures and banners, no matter their branding needs. Simply ask them for their requirements (copy, colours, images) and we’ll do the rest.
Parrot Digital will ensure that every element of your clients’ email signatures renders correctly, the data tracks properly, and their email signature formats stay the same no matter the recipient’s device or email client. And, above all else, we will ensure that it is all secure.
Email signatures and banners aren’t here to just look professional, but to serve as a low-cost, high-return marketing channel. With our centralised solution, we can help your clients quickly execute on-brand, engaging campaigns no matter the number of senders, and ensure that the data coming back is trackable and easy to analyse.
When working with a software partner, it’s important to have a common understanding of what you and your clients are trying to achieve. Thanks to our one-on-one service, you won’t just be talking to a machine or system-generated email, but one of our experienced team members (or even our director Robyn herself!) who can work with you to ensure that we know and understand your clients’ unique needs.
Full training for you and your clients
To make sure that both you and your clients can get the most out of our email signature solution, we won’t just train you on the platform and leave you to it – we can train each of your clients, too. Your IT company can earn the extra points with its clients without having to do any more work!
Local IT support
So many software solutions in Australia and New Zealand have their customer service and IT support teams located overseas. But, not with Parrot Digital. We’re right here Down Under, so we know the business culture, language, and regional needs of the area, helping us provide a more effective local service.
Need help at odd hours of the day or night? We’re here for you. While our local team does follow Australian and New Zealand office hours, 24/7 technical support is available for any out-of-office hours support.
Extra guidance where required
Some companies stop offering that one-on-one support once training and implementation have concluded. But, we know that the questions won’t always stop there. Whenever you or your clients have an issue or question, want to re-design their branding, or you just want advice on a particular aspect of utilising our solution, we’re here for you.
Check out what our clients say about us:
Ready to get started? Contact us today
We care about you and your business, and we believe our triple-A client portfolio and rave user reviews prove that we know what we’re doing.
If you are interested in partnering with us, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch the next working day.